Sunday, February 10, 2013

Scavenger Hunt - Week #29


This week’s Scavenger Hunt list:  “One photo of the inside of your house that would be used in advertising your house for sale.”

Our house is a “passive solar” home.  It was built at a specific angle to the sun, with windows across the entire front of the house to capture sunlight.  It really works.  With all of the blinds raised on a sunny day, the thermostat can hit 80 degrees!

If and when I get to the point of advertising my house for sale, I might use a photo like this one to promote its “passive solar” feature:
This image was much too contrasty; when exposed for the outside scene, the inside was in total darkness.  And when exposed for the inside scene, the outside was blown out to total whiteness.  I really needed HDR software to capture a proper exposure! 

Talk about frustration!  I was so annoyed by the whole thing, I've decided to stop procrastinating, take the leap and purchase the HDR software. 

Well...maybe instead of leaping, I’ll just take a baby step and download the free trial version first!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Trish. This is beautiful. In spite of how difficult you said it was (and I can imagine), it is a wonderful representation of your passive solar heat AND your beautiful home.

    Definitely redo this when you get the Photomatix on your computer. Don't mess with the trial version--you'll be hooked the minute you start working on an image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice job. I'd buy your house! Excellent job dealing with the contrasting light.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Did you have the sofa in front of those windows when I was there?

    ReplyDelete