Sunday, January 20, 2013

Scavenger Hunt - Week #26


This week’s “hunt” was to photograph a “stupid” purchase; stupid as in wasteful or something we haven’t gotten the use from.  

I’ve made plenty of “stupid” purchases, so I didn’t have to hunt very long to find one of them!

Over the years, I’ve seen and admired some beautiful memory scrapbooks.  I love taking photos (big surprise, huh?!), so it seemed natural to take the next step into scrapbooking.

Off to the scrapbooking store I went!  $45 later, I came home with a beautiful memory book, various decorating supplies, and a cool pouch to store the craft supplies.  
That was six years ago.  The pages in my memory book are blank, and my decorating supplies are still safely stored in my pretty blue pouch.  

What a “stupid” purchase! 

3 comments:

  1. Boy, I know just what you mean. How many times have I bought supplies to do projects that wound up just sitting in a drawer/closet for years? I'm always enthused initially, but the reality of following through with the project just never materializes.

    Maybe you could take a couple more pics and put the entire set of materials on craigslist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've known quite a few women who had the best of intentions to scrapbook but fell short of their goals. I'm sure the scrapbook companies are happy they give it a try :) Nice story as always.

    ReplyDelete